Good Afternoon Registered Troop 219 Parents,
I went last week's round table and it is once again time for our monthly Committee Mtg. Remember unless otherwise specified the meetings are the 2nd Tuesday of the month "same place, same bat station" (just dated myself).
Having said this if anyone has any matters for discussion please send them to me NLT than 12:00 tomorrow.
I know of a few discussion items to include:
1. 2017 Jamboree Meeting-If you can afford it and think your scout is interested please go to the GAC website and sign up your scout. They are accepting 72 scouts and the sign up closes in less than 2 weeks. To sign up requires a $250 deposit which is refundable up and until 45 days prior to the event date July 2017. Thus far, I know of 5 scouts who have registered from our troop. Adults interested please sign up and pay deposit...they are taking a contingent of 72 total scouts and 8 adults. The adults will go through an interview process but you need to hold your spot. Scouts 12-17 and must be 1st class by the time of the trip.
2. Council Schedule of Events
Lots of follow-up items so please take a moment to look at the draft.
Thanks for all that you do!
Scouts and Parents
1. NO SCOUT MEETING ON SUNDAY!!!!!!
2. There will be a Patrol Leader's Council Meeting at 7:00 with Mr. Lundgren at the JLC. Any scouts currently in leadership positions are encouraged to attend as you will be planning the Scout Calendar for the next quarter. We do have a lot of activities potentially scheduled but it is up to the PLC.
3. Realize this seems in the very distant future but if your son is interested in going to the National Jambo in 2017 certain commitment need to be now. This information has circulated for months but there has been a poor response to council. Earlier this week when I attended the "Roundtable" meeting with other Troops it was announced there would be a meeting but I did not receive a clear deadline which could impact our scouts until today. Therefore, I needed to send out a troop all email. To attend you must be 13 and first class rank by the start of the Jamboree.
The council needs to figure out how big the contingent of AK Scouts will consist of and therefore if you or your son plan on taking part in this once every four year event it's important you do two things.
1. Inform Mr. Puterbaugh at 351-8816 or respond to this email about your interest and take the necessary steps to register your son/yourself. The final cost of this trip has not been decided but it will not be more than $4,000 per person (includes flight, food, 10 days camping, and a few sight-seeing opportunities).
2. Take part in meeting tommorow at Camp Gorsuch with the Council representative either in person or via webinar. Meeting information to follow. If joining the webinar please ensure you are available to do this a suggested 20 minutes prior to the meeting so that you may join the conversation.
Troop 219 Committee Chair
Troop 219 Information Coordinator
READ THIS ENTIRE MESSAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The link in this email is in the green lettering following Sign Up! (if you are color blind the info that follows is in green "2017 National Jamboree Registration"
Important Update for 2017 National Jamboree!
Saturday March 5th @ 6:30 there will be an information session held at Camp Gorsuch.
The Great Alaska Council currently has reserved space for two Troops of 40 and Venture Crew of 12 to attend the 2017 National Jamboree.
Thus far only 39 Scouts have registered for the event. If we cannot fill both Troops and the Crew we will release these reservations and will ONLY be able to send 40 people to Jamboree. This decision will be made Monday March 7th 2016. If you are interested in attending The National Jamboree 2017 please click this link and sign up! —–> 2017 National Jamboree Registration
To attend the meeting online please download FUZE @ https://www.fuze.com/. Join us at 6:30 by clicking this link –>Link to view meeting online . Meeting ID: 32205482 To join us via phone please dial 1- 201-479-4595 and enter the meeting ID when prompted.
Scouts & Parents,
NO regular Scout Meeting on Sunday 6 March.
There will be a PLC Meeting Sunday for ALL Jr Leaders & older Scouts Life-n-Eagle at 7 pm.
The Get-Air event will be scheduled sometime in Apr.
For the Personal Fitness MB class on Sunday, stay tuned for Mr. Lundgren's upcoming email. If you would like to participate in the Personal Fitness MB, and haven't signed up, contact Mr. Lundgren ASAP.
Additionally, Lou will be sending out an email for upcoming misc GAC scouting events.
Please Welcome Cade Kholer as the newest member of Troop 219. He crossed over from Pack 293 last Saturday.
- Next Scout meeting is Sunday 13 Mar.....
P. S. > Get ready for troop elections...just around the corner...think about your next leadership position
The latest news on our activities.