Scouts & Parents, Crescent Lake Hike is Fri 20 Oct - Sun 22 Oct
1) Please review "attached" Crescent Lake Roster and update your status this Sunday...are YOU going or NOT. We had several boys missing last Sunday...all hikers and parents should be at Sunday's meeting
2) Use the attached backpacking check list. Please don't exceed 20-25% of your body weight. Experienced scouts should not exceed 35lbs
3) New Scouts #11-22 on the roster should bring their backpack (packed) and ready for INSPECTION this Sunday...including your hiking boots
4) All Scouts will pick a "Scout" tent partner and cooking partner... update roster this Sunday.
5) Scout backpacking tents & stoves provided "IF NEEDED"
6) Scout brining own tent, stove, and water filter...IF-SO, please update roster comments column on Sunday
7) Crescent Lake Hikers > Eat a good breakfast Fri morning,...bring a hearty box lunch, snacks & drinks for ride to Cooper Landing 2hrs...eat on the way and at trailhead before hike. hot tea, hot cider, hot tang, hot GatorAid & hot chocolate is good for the core. You'll need Friday snacks, lunch & dinner, Saturday breakfast, lunch & dinner, and Sunday breakfast & lunch...bring plenty of high-carb / high calorie trail food/snack/mix for hiking...leave candy at home. Bring $20 to cover possible late lunch Sunday at Sunrise inn.
8) SO Far we only have about 22 Scouts helping with the Troop 219 fundraiser Holiday Wreath Sales. This is less than 1/2 of the troop. We need to get this number up to about 30 Scouts so we can meet our annual budget GOAL. Please see Mr. Roger Nevells and get your wreath PKG. Older Scouts not selling PLEASE-PLEASE pass your customer list off to a younger Scout.
9) Last, but not least > Hope to see you at Keith Sellers Eagle Court of Honor Wed night 18 October, 7:30 PM @ Joy Lutheran Sanctuary.
The latest news on our activities.