Good Morning Scouts and Parents
First let me welcome back our contingent that went to Philmont. Keep your eyes and ears open in the next few days for camp info.
1. Show up time is Sunday 9:00 am at the JLC. Mr. Puterbaugh will conduct roll call, collect permission slips & provide some last minute travel instructions. Following this scouts will rendezvous at the Lion's Club to meet troop 230 at 10:00 to board the charter bus and leave for camp.
2. Uniform, sharp class A. Please bring the tents checked out at this past Sunday mtg. Arrangements will be made with Philmont scouts to acquire tents. The packing list is in the Lost lake guide attached.
3. Ensure scouts eat a good breakfast and pack a nutritious lunch for the trip up. Scouts may bring their own snacks please label and double "ziplock" snacks. Please do not pack soda or candy. Snacks will not be allowed in individual tents (there will be designated bear proof containers. Label, Label, Label not only food but everything!
4. Scouts arrive the evening before camp. Troop will provide dinner that evening and breakfast the following morning prior to camp start. Camp closing ceremonies will be the evening (Sat) and the scouts will stay the night in camp and will depart Lost Lake at 9:00 am arriving at Lion's Club parking area approximately 3:00 to 4:00 pm. The bus is scheduled to make a stop in Glennallen.
5. Money. Please review with your scout the merit badges he has signed up for and whether these badges have fees associated. The kits will be available at the store. Boys should have scout books associated with their selected badges. (These maybe checked out through the troop librarian; npt all books are available). The camp may have some available and the cost is approximately $5 per book. Recommend each scout have a minimum of $50 in small bills (saving $10 for return trip to supplement the snack troop will provide for the ride home.)
6. Medicaton. Please read the guide concerning medication and ensure that your scout's medication is properly labeled and placed in a Ziploc bag. If there are any scouts who have not turned in their physical forms to Ms. Estes, Troop Health Coordinator please do so by scanning your forms and emailing her at email@example.com.
7. Contact information for your scout while at camp will be to a designated ASM. I will be sending a 2nd email about camp when this specific information is available to me.
Finally, if you notice anyone you know missing in this email string please let us know so we can keep our information lists as accurate as possible.
Thanks for your attention and if you have any questions I will answer them for you or find someone who can.
Hello Troop 219 Families,
If your scout is attending summer camp with medications please do the following:
Package your scout’s medications in a Ziploc bag clearly labelled with their name and Troop 219.
Label all medications - including over-the-counter medications - with your scout’s name and troop number.
*A tip for inhalers - copy the label from the box and tape it around the inhaler.
While our ASM(s) are very involved in the supervision of your scouts and will have knowledge of their medical needs/concerns, they are not medical staff members. If you have any questions regarding medications and how they will be handled, you will need to speak to the nurse/EMT at camp about specifics. The contact number for camp is (907) 488-8311. *The parent guide has very detailed information on various camp processes - please review it.
When you arrive on Sunday, your scout will check in. At that time, if any medical issues have changed since your physical was prepared - please advise the adult handling check in. Your scout’s medications will be turned over to one of the ASM(s) and will remain in the care of an ASM until your scout is checked in at the medical shack at camp. Please advise the ASM if any of the medications need to be immediately accessible during the lengthy drive to Fairbanks.
Thank you for your time and effort in preparing your Scout for his summer camp experience.
Health Information Coordinator
Scouts & Parents,
Scout meeting this Sunday.. Please have your camp BSA medical forms / physicals, parts A-B-C 100% and turned into Brandi Estes by this Sunday. Also, square up with Juliann Nevells for any camp fees owed, including $60 for transportation & first day dinner & last day lunch.
if haven't done so, send me your merit badge / program choices for 4-sessions. Merit badge choices & schedule located in the Lost Lake parents guide that Lou Murray sent previously. New Scouts will have sparrow hawk program for (2-sessions only) in the am & will be able to take two additional merit badges. Send your top 4 MB choices.
The latest news on our activities.