I want to thank our Assistant Scout Masters, Mr. Lundgren and Mr. McGimsey for leading the Turnagain Quinze building Overnight Camp Out. I also want to give a special shout out to Mr. Arntz for volunteering to go on this trip and to Mr. Wing for driving to drop off and pick up boys ensuring all scouts were appropriately supervised and had transportation. I saw some very impressive pictures of what the scouts built and look forward to sharing pictures when they become available. Fifteen Scouts attended the camp out. Way to go Troop 219. Now it's time to switch gears. This week we have one of our scouts in the final stages of the building part of his Eagle Project and he is requesting other Scouts to volunteer service. Any scout who is 2nd year and is available to help. Dress appropriately and bring work gloves.
Who: Scouts and Parents
What: Service Hours to help Keith Sellers complete Eagle Project (Building small deck and handicap ramp)
When: Thursday, March 2, 6:30-8:30
Where 21287 Running Brook Circle
Encourage Scouts who are 2nd year scouts and above to participate. New scouts will have other opportunities coming up in March and April to participate in Service Projects.
Please RSVP to this email or txt 907.440.4839 (Sellers cell phone)
Troop 219 Committee Chairperson
Scouts & Parents,
1). Reminder: NO Scout meeting tonight due to weekend Turnaigan campout.
2). Webelos crossover ceremony, Friday 3 March for P229. This will be 6 pm @ Eagle Charter Academy. We are getting 4 new scouts.
Let me know who can help out<
3). March is rocket month. Make sure you contact Mr. Jeff Duft this week if you want to upgrade this year.
4). Summer Gorsuch 25 Jun - 1 Jul....let me know who's in.
Scouts & Patents,
I need your help...we have to Webelos crossover ceremonies this week...let me know who can help.
1). 1st is 16 Feb Thursday night. Pack 228 @ Mirror Lake Middle School, 7 - 9 pm
2). 2nd is 18 Feb Saturday afternoon. Pack 219 @ Gruening Middle School, 12 - 3:30 pm
• Let me know ASAP Please...u can also text me 907-351-8826
Additionally, I'll need to know who will be going to summer camp Gorsuch 25 June - 1 July...we gave about a week to sign up.
Thx > Steve P
Scouts & Parents,
Just a quick update of INFO from Lou's email below >
Please give your congrats to our newest Eagle Scout > Nate M. Nate met his Eagle BOR on Wed 1 February.
- Scout Sunday @ JLC this Sunday at 930 am is highly encouraged for all, but don't forget to take advantage of Scout Sunday at your own church. Following is a breakfast brunch potluck; not mandatory & Dutch ovens are optional...any dish is fine.
- The GAC Freezeree has been CANX by T219 PLC, instead the scouts will be heading to Turnaigan Pass Sat 25 Feb for snow shoe & snow shelter overnight campout. This event was previously CANX due to bad weather. Get signed up this Sunday. Game & Carl are lead
- WEBELOS Crossover's -
Please volunteer to attend...pack alumni is nice...we'll need 6-8 T219 scouts at each event
• Pack 228 > Feb 16, Thurs 7-9 pm @ Mirror Lake Middle School
• Pack 219 > Feb 18, Sat 12-3:30 pm @ Gruening Middle School
• Additionally, we will probably have a total of 4-crossover ceremonies to attend & we'll also need more scouts & adult leaders to help out at all crossovers
- This Sunday we will have Webelos visiting from P293 & P228....please volunteer to bring a Dutch oven surprise for the scout meeting...this is our Webelos welcoming tradition.
P. S. Don't forget the troop committee meeting this Wed @ 7:30 pm
- PLC UPDATE > Snow shelter & quinzee building crew needed this Sat afternoon at JLC...give Joey your "SPL" a call to volunteer
The latest news on our activities.