November 26th, 2017
Scouts & Parents
- Bring your nelgene water bottles tonight to make insulated covers
- Get signed up tonight with Ms Angela Pemberton for 2018 BSA registration.
- Bring scout books to get signed off for your next rank
- Campout next weekend
- BOR's next Sunday at 6 pm
- Get any troop gear you need to borrow tonight for the campout...stoves, pots, sleeping pads, etc.....
- text or call with questions
November 24th, 2017
Scouts and Parents
Joe Groth is having another work day for his Eagle Project at the United Methodist Church of Chugiak. He is repairing and building sound baffles for his church as a part of his Eagle Project . We are going to be cutting fabric and painting at the United Methodist Church of Chugiak from 12-2. Drinks and snacks will be provided. The church is located right past the turnoff on the left toward Chugiak High School on the Old Glenn. Please RSVP to this email.
Wreath Assembly 2017
Scouts & Parents,
Scout meeting Sunday @ 6:00 pm in preparation for Rapids Camp.
**The wreaths have arrived** Scouts will meet this Friday 24 November at North Star Trucking in Wasilla, 10 AM to assemble ALL products & pick up your individual wreaths. Should be done by 2 PM max.
The address is 1301 South Knik-Goose Bay Rd. Head into Wasilla - turn left on East Palmer-Wasilla Hwy by the Home Depot - go approx 1.5 miles to stop light at Knik-Goose Bay Rd & turn left, then your next left is North Star driveway...approx 27 miles from ER.
Bring cookies & snacks to share. Also we will have Christmas Party door prize tickets available for our annual .22 Rifle drawing, so bring a few bucks for a ticket or two.
IMPORTANT: If you are not available to pick up, please make arrangements for someone to transport your wreaths to ER. Also notify me and/or Roger Nevells so we know who's picking up your products. If all that doesn't work, still notify us if you absolutely can't make it.
Troop 219 Committee Chair
couts & Parents
Missing Scout Book with tan cover at sled building Sunday.. it belongs to Leo Carpenter... please check your books and see if you took it home by mistake
- No regular scout meeting this Sunday 19 Nov......
- No campout this weekend
- Campout moved to Dec 2-3
- Thanksgiving Blessing will take over JLC Fellowship Hall on Sunday & Monday, so no scout meeting room available
- Thanksgiving Blessing is where ER churches & the food bank get together to provide 300+ Turkey & Ham dinners for the Eagle River community. It's a very big undertaking & one of the biggest service project of the year.
- Here's how you can help / volunteer > they will fill Joy Lutheran with food on Sunday afternoon & hand out meals Monday afternoon & evening.
- Sunday's Volunteers needed 3-6 pm to help sort food & setup...any scout in UNIFORM & family can help...just show up any time and give an hour or so.
- Monday Volunteers needed 3-8 pm > assorted duties. Scouts in UNIFORM age 13 and OLDER. Stay an hour or SO or stay thru the duration.
- Sunday 7 pm...let me know if any scouts are ready for a SM Conference...I could meet this night if your ready...LET ME KNOW ASAP.
- Also if I have scouts who have rank advancements ready to be signed off ... ready to be tested on book specific requirements, then I can arrange this opportunity with an older scout or an ASM...LET ME KNOW ASAP so I can plan.
INFO: Chugiak Pool open swim times > M-F 7:30-9:00 pm & SAT 12-1:30 pm...get your 2nd class & 1st class swim requirements signed off.
INFO: Wreath assembly party > Black Friday 24 Nov starting at 10 AM. This is where we sort, bag, & hand out all 1600 wreath product. This will be in Wasilla at North Star Trucking. More info & map to follow .
text or call me for Sunday night advancement and/or SM Conference
The latest news on our activities.