Who: Scouts and Parents
What: Service Hours toward Nate's Eagle Project
When: Tues and Wed (20 and 21 Dec) from 3-5
Where: National Cemetery on Ft Richardson
Please respond to Nate directly by texting or calling 854-9898. Dress for the weather you will be outside. Please be prepared with Coat, hat, gloves, winter boots along with a head-lamp and work gloves. If you do not have a DoD ID card you will be required to sign in at the Ft Richardson gate let the security folks know you are headed to the National Cemetery. You will need proof of insurance, registration and your driver's license.
Scouts & Parents,
No Regular Scout meeting on Sunday...see below for evening schedule of events at Joy Lutheran Church >
1) 5:30 PM: This Sunday at JLC is collection day for ALL wreath money...5:30 pm start for early birds. We want to be done by 7:30 pm. Please try and use the attached form for documentation of your money / denominations. If you separate your bills, checks, and change, it will make things go much smoother.
2) 6:00 PM: Nate Mederios will have a short presentation-ceremony / dedication for his Eagle Project. Please attend...
3) 6:30 PM: There will be a PLC meeting starting at 6:30 pm for all Jr. Leaders elected / appointed at the October troop elections. Wear your Class 'A" uniform. If you have a leadership position, YOU should be there. We will plan out the next couple months of troop activities. ASM's are also welcome to attend. You input and recommendations are needed.
4) 7:30 PM: Close
P. S. If you still haven't committed for 2017 Scouting Year / Troop 219 / BSA Recharter...this is your last chance. Also if you need Adult Youth Protection YPT updates, please bring me a copy of your certificate.
Thanks......& Happy Holidays !!!
SM, Troop 219
Scouts & Parents,
Don't forget the Gift-Exchange for the Christmas Party on Sunday. Bring a Gift - Get a Gift.
Value > $15 -$20 range. We will hand out tickets for gift exchange & Freebe door prize.
Uniform of the Day is Class "A" w/mb sach.
Also, door prize tickets for the .22 Rifle are $10 each or 3 for $25. We have at least 25 tickets to sell...all money goes to offset COH & party expenses...thx !
- Party starts at 1:00 Pm...setup crew at 11:00 am.... - SPL Coordinated early birds
Hope to see u there......
YIS > Steve P
P. S. Wreath money day looks like Sunday 18 Dec 2016. Stay tuned for details and spreadsheet to help streamline the process.
Hello Scouts and Parents
Who: Scouts and Families
What: Christmas Party
Where: Camp Gorsuch
Uniform: Class A
This is a potluck. You are welcome to bring multiple sides, desserts accompanied by serving spoons etc and as always your own drinks. Troop will provide bottled water. We currently plan on having approximately 90 to 100 people (scouts and families) at this event.
Please RSVP if you haven't so we can ensure we have enough ham and Turkey.
1. I need 3 families to volunteer to roast a turkey and 1 family to cook a ham. So far 3 families volunteered to cook a ham and 1 will roast a turkey.
2. Call for pictures I am asking for pictures specifically of the rock gym, the 25 mile hike, fall camporee, VFW flag retirement. I had collected these pictures and downloaded to my phone and unfortunately did not back up and lost the ones people had sent me. Additionally for those scouts who worked Eagle Projects this summer I did not have the opportunity to photograph all of the projects; I would appreciate a few pictures of the individual Eagle projects. I need these pictures as soon as possible as I am putting the finishing touches on the slide show.
3. Bring cash to the party if you are interested in purchasing raffle tickets for the 22 caliber rifle drawing. They are $5 a ticket or 4 for $20.
4. We need scouts to come early to help set up. We will have Christmas table settings and other things to prepare before all families arrive. Please let me know through this email if you can help with set up. Please be at the Gorsuch Dinning Hall (Large Log Cabin Bldg) no later than 11:30.
Finally, we will be sending specific guidance regarding the wreath money turn in shortly.
Yours in Service,
Troop 219 Committee Chair
The latest news on our activities.