Scouts & Parents,
Just a quick update of INFO from Lou's email below >
Please give your congrats to our newest Eagle Scout > Nate M. Nate met his Eagle BOR on Wed 1 February.
- Scout Sunday @ JLC this Sunday at 930 am is highly encouraged for all, but don't forget to take advantage of Scout Sunday at your own church. Following is a breakfast brunch potluck; not mandatory & Dutch ovens are optional...any dish is fine.
- The GAC Freezeree has been CANX by T219 PLC, instead the scouts will be heading to Turnaigan Pass Sat 25 Feb for snow shoe & snow shelter overnight campout. This event was previously CANX due to bad weather. Get signed up this Sunday. Game & Carl are lead
- WEBELOS Crossover's -
Please volunteer to attend...pack alumni is nice...we'll need 6-8 T219 scouts at each event
• Pack 228 > Feb 16, Thurs 7-9 pm @ Mirror Lake Middle School
• Pack 219 > Feb 18, Sat 12-3:30 pm @ Gruening Middle School
• Additionally, we will probably have a total of 4-crossover ceremonies to attend & we'll also need more scouts & adult leaders to help out at all crossovers
- This Sunday we will have Webelos visiting from P293 & P228....please volunteer to bring a Dutch oven surprise for the scout meeting...this is our Webelos welcoming tradition.
P. S. Don't forget the troop committee meeting this Wed @ 7:30 pm
- PLC UPDATE > Snow shelter & quinzee building crew needed this Sat afternoon at JLC...give Joey your "SPL" a call to volunteer
Scout Sunday 2017
Scouts and families,
Hope everyone is enjoying the snow. I want to highlight a few events which are coming in the next couple of weeks:
Scout Sunday 12 Feb at 9:30 in JLC
A scout is reverent: Attached is the invitation from our Chartered Organization, Joy Lutheran to join the congregation in celebrating Scouting by attending services at 9:30 and bringing a dish for the brunch immediately following.
Last year was our first year participating with Joy Lutheran and we had 20 scouts and their families attend service. The uniform is a crisp Class A with sash. If you would like to do a cast iron breakfast recipe you can contact your SPL, Joey Herr to make arrangements to check out a Dutch Oven. Last year we had multiple dutch oven morning recipes which were a hit with everyone.
Scout Meeting 12 Feb at 7:00 pm. Be prepared for visitors from Troop 229.
What: Committee Meeting: Need your support attending the committee meeting for Troop 219. We did not have quorum in Jan.
Who: Committee Member as well as all parents
When: Wednesday, Feb 15 at 7:30 pm
What: Pack 219 cross-over
Who: Prefer pack 219 alumni; we have at least 8 scouts that come to mind, however, no volunteer will be turned away. We also need at least one ASM.
When: Feb 18 from 12-3:30
Where: Gruenning Middle School Multi-Purpose Room
Mr. Adam Blaum's famous smoked pulled pork is on the menu. All welcome to attend lunch. Please RSVP by responding to this email. Thanks
Scout Meeting 19 Feb at 7:00pm
What: Klondike Derby (Frezeree)
Who: All scouts and parents
When Feb 24 at 5:30 to Feb 26 at 12:00
Where: Camp Gorsuch
As always any and all help with camping trips is greatly appreciated you do not need to be an ASM to camp. Please respond to this email with any questions. We will see you on Sunday.
Troop 219 Committee Chair
The latest news on our activities.