I wanted to let everyone know that this Sunday will be a PLC meeting at 7:00 instead of a regular one. Everyone who has a leadership position should be at this meeting (excluding Assistant Patrol Leaders).
I wanted to let everyone know that the next PLC meeting will take place on Wednesday (June 8) at 7:00 PM. It will take place at the usual spot at Joy Lutheran Church. Please let me know if you will not be able to attend and if you cannot please contact your assistant.
Next PLC meeting will be on the 24th of April (this Sunday) after the rock gym. The meeting will take place at the church and it will start at 7:30 pm. I will send out an agenda tomorrow afternoon. Please bring ideas on future meetings and campouts. We will be planning activities throughout the summer (from May through September). If you cannot make the meeting please send your assistant patrol leader.
Scouts and Parents
1. NO SCOUT MEETING ON SUNDAY!!!!!!
2. There will be a Patrol Leader's Council Meeting at 7:00 with Mr. Lundgren at the JLC. Any scouts currently in leadership positions are encouraged to attend as you will be planning the Scout Calendar for the next quarter. We do have a lot of activities potentially scheduled but it is up to the PLC.
3. Realize this seems in the very distant future but if your son is interested in going to the National Jambo in 2017 certain commitment need to be now. This information has circulated for months but there has been a poor response to council. Earlier this week when I attended the "Roundtable" meeting with other Troops it was announced there would be a meeting but I did not receive a clear deadline which could impact our scouts until today. Therefore, I needed to send out a troop all email. To attend you must be 13 and first class rank by the start of the Jamboree.
The council needs to figure out how big the contingent of AK Scouts will consist of and therefore if you or your son plan on taking part in this once every four year event it's important you do two things.
1. Inform Mr. Puterbaugh at 351-8816 or respond to this email about your interest and take the necessary steps to register your son/yourself. The final cost of this trip has not been decided but it will not be more than $4,000 per person (includes flight, food, 10 days camping, and a few sight-seeing opportunities).
2. Take part in meeting tommorow at Camp Gorsuch with the Council representative either in person or via webinar. Meeting information to follow. If joining the webinar please ensure you are available to do this a suggested 20 minutes prior to the meeting so that you may join the conversation.
Troop 219 Committee Chair
Troop 219 Information Coordinator
READ THIS ENTIRE MESSAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The link in this email is in the green lettering following Sign Up! (if you are color blind the info that follows is in green "2017 National Jamboree Registration"
Important Update for 2017 National Jamboree!
Saturday March 5th @ 6:30 there will be an information session held at Camp Gorsuch.
The Great Alaska Council currently has reserved space for two Troops of 40 and Venture Crew of 12 to attend the 2017 National Jamboree.
Thus far only 39 Scouts have registered for the event. If we cannot fill both Troops and the Crew we will release these reservations and will ONLY be able to send 40 people to Jamboree. This decision will be made Monday March 7th 2016. If you are interested in attending The National Jamboree 2017 please click this link and sign up! —–> 2017 National Jamboree Registration
To attend the meeting online please download FUZE @ https://www.fuze.com/. Join us at 6:30 by clicking this link –>Link to view meeting online . Meeting ID: 32205482 To join us via phone please dial 1- 201-479-4595 and enter the meeting ID when prompted.
The latest news on our activities.