Scouts & Parents,
T219 Christmas Party / COH Sunday 1pm - 4pm
- Were: United Methodist Church of Chugiak......16430 Old Glenn Hwy, Chugiak, AK 99567
• Follow the driveway to the left as u drive up, to reach the lower, back parking lot.
Class "A" Uniform w/mb sach
Potluck > bring a hodgepodge of side dishes, appetizers & deserts to go with turkey & ham (provided)
Bring your own drinks
Gift exchange ($20) ... bring a gift - get a gift
Plus Santa's Door prizes for all Scouts
Ruger 10/22 Copper LE 22LR Rifle & brick of ammo up for grabs...last cards will be dealt / sold at the party...drawing after dinner
Scouts and Parents
Hope each and everyone is enjoying the holiday season. We have 4 days and a wake up until Troop 219 Christmas CoH. The scouts will receive a gift from the Troop Sunday. If the scouts want to participate in an additional gift exchange we ask each scout and or sibling wishing to participate bring a wrapped gift not to exceed $20 to the party; only those bringing gifts will be allowed to exchange gifts (siblings may participate). In addition the Troop will raffle a 22 caliber rifle and ammo during the party. The raffle tickets are 1 for $10 or 3 for $25. Tickets will be sold at the event. Each year we ask families to bring 3 hams and 3 turkeys to our dinner in addition to this we ask all families bring a side and desert to share with everyone. I have only heard from 10 families who are attending. I expect this will be no different than other years with an average attendance of over 100 people. Please let me know if your family is able to help with a ham or turkey. I need 4 families to volunteer to bring (2 ham and 2 turkey). Mr. Puterbaugh and I will bring a ham and turkey respectively. Respond to this email.
The United Methodist Church of Chugiak has been very kind to provide our venue this year at no cost. To create a festive environment I need volunteers for Set Up beginning at 11:00 am and for Clean up to be available at the end of the event. Important Note: Set up Crew arrives at the same time as Sunday Service. All Troop 219 personnel must use the lower parking lot. At 1:00pm only lower door will be open
Finally, if you have any pictures you would like to have considered for inclusion in our annual Troop Year in Review please send them to me email or I will send you a link to place the pictures in Dropbox. I would like to receive pictures from all of our eagle candidates/scouts showing their project and those who helped. I will accept pictures through Thursday 7 Dec.
Who: Scouts, Parents, Scouters
WHAT: Christmas CoH
Where: United Methodist Church of Chugiak, 16430 Old Glenn Hwy
When: Sunday, 10 Dec
Please wear your class A uniform with a sash.
Scouts & Parents,
Don't forget the Gift-Exchange for the Christmas Party on Sunday. Bring a Gift - Get a Gift.
Value > $15 -$20 range. We will hand out tickets for gift exchange & Freebe door prize.
Uniform of the Day is Class "A" w/mb sach.
Also, door prize tickets for the .22 Rifle are $10 each or 3 for $25. We have at least 25 tickets to sell...all money goes to offset COH & party expenses...thx !
- Party starts at 1:00 Pm...setup crew at 11:00 am.... - SPL Coordinated early birds
Hope to see u there......
YIS > Steve P
P. S. Wreath money day looks like Sunday 18 Dec 2016. Stay tuned for details and spreadsheet to help streamline the process.
Hello Scouts and Parents
Who: Scouts and Families
What: Christmas Party
Where: Camp Gorsuch
Uniform: Class A
This is a potluck. You are welcome to bring multiple sides, desserts accompanied by serving spoons etc and as always your own drinks. Troop will provide bottled water. We currently plan on having approximately 90 to 100 people (scouts and families) at this event.
Please RSVP if you haven't so we can ensure we have enough ham and Turkey.
1. I need 3 families to volunteer to roast a turkey and 1 family to cook a ham. So far 3 families volunteered to cook a ham and 1 will roast a turkey.
2. Call for pictures I am asking for pictures specifically of the rock gym, the 25 mile hike, fall camporee, VFW flag retirement. I had collected these pictures and downloaded to my phone and unfortunately did not back up and lost the ones people had sent me. Additionally for those scouts who worked Eagle Projects this summer I did not have the opportunity to photograph all of the projects; I would appreciate a few pictures of the individual Eagle projects. I need these pictures as soon as possible as I am putting the finishing touches on the slide show.
3. Bring cash to the party if you are interested in purchasing raffle tickets for the 22 caliber rifle drawing. They are $5 a ticket or 4 for $20.
4. We need scouts to come early to help set up. We will have Christmas table settings and other things to prepare before all families arrive. Please let me know through this email if you can help with set up. Please be at the Gorsuch Dinning Hall (Large Log Cabin Bldg) no later than 11:30.
Finally, we will be sending specific guidance regarding the wreath money turn in shortly.
Yours in Service,
Troop 219 Committee Chair
The latest news on our activities.