New Parents Meeting - 2017
Scouts & Parents,
Service project tonight (Friday)...JLC at 6:00 PM
Troop Hike this Sunday for ALL Scouts...meet 630 pm at JLC to get started. Sam Strickland SPL will take lead. Class B & dress for the weather. We will need ASMs & the Chilkoot crew to hike for SURE...and scout parents to caravan up Skyline. "New Scout Parents" will be attending Parents meeting at JLC during this time.
New Parents - This coming Sunday, May 21 there will be a new parent meeting from 6:45 - 8:30pm. Once we have all of our new scouts in the troop, we like to have a meeting with the parents to discuss the organization of the troop, how the troop is run, overall expectations and answer any questions you may have. It’s also an opportunity to discuss how you can be involved with the troop and help your scout.
We will also review the BSA Handbook and the Troop 219 Handbook...bring with you. If you do not have the Troop 219 handbook please let me know ASAP.
P. S. If you would like to add another email to this list, let me know.
Troop 219 Scoutmaster
Roadside Clean Up - Spring 2017
Scouts & Parents
Congrats to our Class of 2017 Eagle Scouts: Dayton, Tommie, and Nate
1. Roadside cleanup service project this Friday at 6:00pm. Meet at the JLC > Lions Club to VFW.
2. Opening flag ceremony at the Relay for Life at the Mac Center Sat 20 May. Meet at the McDonald Center @ 6:00pm. Class A Uniform. So far have 3 volunteers need 3 more scouts. We need a mix of older & new scouts. Contact me to volunteer, at email@example.com
3. PLC meeting coming for new troop leadership... Sam Strickland-SPL will be in touch with newly elected Jr Leaders.
4. Sun 21 May: Troop Hike Offsite TBD & New Scout Parents meeting at JLC simultaneously... 6ish time TBD...will let you know details...
5. Troop committee meeting on Wed 24th at 7:30 at the JLC.
Spring 2017 Events
Scouts & Parents
Happy Mother's Day !
No Scout meeting today. Congrats to all who endured the last 2-days of Wilderness First Aid training.
Our NEWEST Eagle Scout is "Tommy Midlo"... congratulation!!! Give him a high-five the next time you see him for reaching the pinnacle of Scouting. He's now a marked man 🦅
1. Roadside cleanup service project this week. > Lions Club to VFW. Stay tuned for day & time.
2. PLC meeting coming for new troop leadership... Sam Strickland-SPL will be in touch with newly elected Jr Leaders.
3. Sunday > 21 May: Troop Hike Offsite TBD & New Scout Parents meeting at JLC simultaneously... 6ish time TBD...will let you know details...
4. Troop committee meeting on the horizon.
5. Looking for a few Scouts for opening flag ceremony at the Relay for Life at the Mac Center Sat 20 May @ 7 pm. Ms Lou will Lead. We need a mix of older & new scouts. Email to follow. Contact Ms Lou Rivera 907-748-4350 Committee Chair to volunteer, or email her at > firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring Camporee 2017
Scouts & Parents,
NO regular Scout Meeting this Sunday. BOR at 6 PM > You know who U are. AND Camp MB sign up for those who need help at 7 PM.
Meet JLC Friday 545PM FRIDAY to head out by 6 PM. Campers bring a foil meal to put on the fire for dinner. Snacks and drinks allowed...leave the SUGAR at home. All cell phones and electronics are discouraged...keep them OUT of sight!!!!!! Dress in full Scout uniform and use packing list found in new parents folder...also your scout handbook has a good camping ck list. Leave cotton clothing at home. Dress in layers and fleece is your friend. Bring work gloves and rubber boots for the service project. Make sure you have a warm sleeping bag and insulated pad. Please bring a mess kit and mug for your meals. Rain gear is a must !!!! Cost for the weekend is $30...Adults FREE. Let me know (Call or text) if you have ANY questions about foil meals, gear,clothing or logistics. Permission slip will be at the church. ANY last minute Camporee Campers...LET me know. We have 10 Scouts on the list so far, and a couple of those are part timers.
See attached Camporee Guide
P. S. We might need drivers <<<<
Additionally, Summer Camp Program & MB sign ups are going on...Lou will send out a note with MB selections & schedule. Please respond ASAP to me and HER with your choices. I will ALSO be at the church Sunday 7 PM for manual sign up and any questions...slots fill up fast, so email choices are good.
The latest news on our activities.