Scouts and Parents
Today we had a very active group of Scouts placing flags in the Ft Richardson National Cemetery. Thank You. For those scouts who attended today's event you will be credited 2 hours and please note this on your scout logs If any scouts would like to attend the Memorial day Ceremony please be at the cemetary before the event begins promptly at 11:30 am.
Finally in regards to Memorial day Service hours there is one more opportunity for scouts to earn more hours on Tuesday the 26th from 9-noon picking up the flags that were placed today. All you need to do is show up between these hours and report to the log bldg for instruction.
Wed 27 May - We will be conducting the spring road clean up down Eagle River Loop through VFW/Scouts will meet at Joy Lutheran, Time ~ 6:30 (TBD). Troop 219 sponsors this clean up and you should see the newly posted sign along the road.
Sat 6 Jun- NRA Shootout (those scouts attending have already registered)
Please keep in mind if your scout is attending camp the BSA physical is due to Mrs. Brandi Estes NLT 7 Jun.
National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) has been postponed. Our new dates will be August 8th -14th, 2015 at Camp Carlquist (Must be 1st Class or above in rank). For any questions, please contact Danyelle Johnson.
Just announced at the May 20 Committee meeting is the date for the "Spring" Court of Honor. Sun 7 Jun at Joy Lutheran Church, approximate time 6:00 pm-8:30 pm. If there are any scouts who are close to advancement please call Steve Puterbaugh to schedule a scoutmaster conference as soon as possible. He can be reached at 907.351.8826. We will need volunteers for this function and more details will follow.
For those Scouts attending Lost Lake summer camp we have secured transportation and will be riding in style with Troop 230 leaving on 5 July and returning 12 July. Approximate cost per scout is $30-40.
Scouts and Parents,
Who: The Patrol Leader's Committee (PLC) would like to
What: Invite scouts for a troop swim this Sunday 17 May at
Where: Ft Richardson Pool
When: 5:00-6:30 (Meet at the Joy Lutheran Church at 4:15) Need to have parents with Ft. Rich. access carpool; boys bring your ID card. Drivers must have Military ID, registration, insurance to sign other scouts onto JBER.
Cost: Please bring $5
Following the scout swim there will be a short meeting at 7:00 at the JLC. Final registration & payment for Lost Lake will be discussed. Please look at parent and leaders guide with your scout to choose 4 merit badges he would like to work on while at camp. There are a lot of choices so if this is done prior to the meeting it will save time.
Additionally, those boys who still have outstanding lugs, tents or other supplies from the camporee must bring them to the meeting and check them in with the quartermaster.
Good Morning Scouts and Parents
I found both the leader's guide and parent's guide. I attached both. I haven't read them in detail but these documents are extremely important for your success at camp. There is a bit of redundancy. However, I find they are both useful. If you have any questions call me and I will do my best to find the answer for you or a person who can answer your questions. Looks like a lot of fun.
Early bird fees are due no later than May 15, so this is very important to pay tonight or make arrangements with Mr. Puterbaugh as soon as you are able prior to the deadline.
Subject: Summer Camp Roster & Notes
Dear Scout and Parents
There is a meeting tonight at 7:00. To All mom's Happy Mother's Day.
1. All boys that went to the Hunger Games Camporee Must bring in the gear back, cleaned, packed and ready for the quartermaster to receive.
2. Attached is the last sign up sheet that Mr. Puterbaugh had for the upcoming summer camp. If you have not signed up for camp you still have time to do so tonight but you must also bring a check for payment.
“2015 Summer Camp @ Lost Lake (Fairbanks, AK) "
Troop 219 Roster (Currently have 28 boys signed up)
Camp Week 5-12 July 2015
$375 Camp………….Transportation Cost ($60) TBD
3. Please verify the information on the roster and please bring payment to tonight's meeting. If for some reason you haven't paid and you will not be at tonight's meeting please call 907.351.8826 or email Steve Puterbaugh to ensure timely payment is made and your scout doesn't miss out on the opportunity. For parents we need to know if you are planning on attending and who is driving a POV.
4. I will be sending a Lost Lake Leader's Guide this week so that you and your scouts may start preparing.
5. I will also be sending a save the date email with information covering summer activities. We have a lot to look forward to in the next few months.
The latest news on our activities.