Scouts & Parents, Crescent Lake Hike is Fri 20 Oct - Sun 22 Oct
1) Please review "attached" Crescent Lake Roster and update your status this Sunday...are YOU going or NOT. We had several boys missing last Sunday...all hikers and parents should be at Sunday's meeting
2) Use the attached backpacking check list. Please don't exceed 20-25% of your body weight. Experienced scouts should not exceed 35lbs
3) New Scouts #11-22 on the roster should bring their backpack (packed) and ready for INSPECTION this Sunday...including your hiking boots
4) All Scouts will pick a "Scout" tent partner and cooking partner... update roster this Sunday.
5) Scout backpacking tents & stoves provided "IF NEEDED"
6) Scout brining own tent, stove, and water filter...IF-SO, please update roster comments column on Sunday
7) Crescent Lake Hikers > Eat a good breakfast Fri morning,...bring a hearty box lunch, snacks & drinks for ride to Cooper Landing 2hrs...eat on the way and at trailhead before hike. hot tea, hot cider, hot tang, hot GatorAid & hot chocolate is good for the core. You'll need Friday snacks, lunch & dinner, Saturday breakfast, lunch & dinner, and Sunday breakfast & lunch...bring plenty of high-carb / high calorie trail food/snack/mix for hiking...leave candy at home. Bring $20 to cover possible late lunch Sunday at Sunrise inn.
8) SO Far we only have about 22 Scouts helping with the Troop 219 fundraiser Holiday Wreath Sales. This is less than 1/2 of the troop. We need to get this number up to about 30 Scouts so we can meet our annual budget GOAL. Please see Mr. Roger Nevells and get your wreath PKG. Older Scouts not selling PLEASE-PLEASE pass your customer list off to a younger Scout.
9) Last, but not least > Hope to see you at Keith Sellers Eagle Court of Honor Wed night 18 October, 7:30 PM @ Joy Lutheran Sanctuary.
Scouts and Parents
On behalf of his parents, I would like to invite you to Keith's Eagle Court of Honor. Uniform is Class A. Looking forward to seeing all of you. Please RSVP by Sunday Oct 15.
Scouts & Parents,
The troop will meet at JLC 10:00 AM this Saturday morning to kick-off our annual wreath sales fundraiser. Please do-not drop off your scout unattended unless previous arrangements have been made...
Your Scout uniform is the thing to wear, > dress for the weather, and bring a couple of pens and a clip board. This is the morning to put on your Scout Spirit and get your sales pitch warmed up.
This is our ONE and ONLY fund raiser for the year. Scouts have a opportunity to put a good chunk of change in their scout account and help the troop run for another year, plus we throw a jammin Christmas party & COH with part of the proceeds. Also, profits earned can be used to help sponsor scouts to camp.
The Scout profit can be as high as 80% if troop budget goals are met...a 50/50 profit split for scout sales under 26 products. It's pretty easy to sell at least 50 products...this should be your minimum GOAL.
P. S. Any older Scouts not selling this year, PLEASE-PLEASE pass your customer list into a younger scout. We don't want to loose this continuity.
For those who can't make this event, we will have your order blanks & wreath flyers at the Sunday Scout meeting.
*** All wreath orders must be turned into Troop 219 by the first week in November...date to be announced. You have approx one month to sell.
SM, Troop 219
Scouts & Parents,
Peter S will be working on his Eagle Project this weekend. Please give him a call and let him know if you can help.
What: He will be working on his Eagle Project, > building an information kiosk for the new single track bike trails at Mirror Lake Park.
Who: All scouts interested in service hours are welcome!
When: 11:00 am on Saturday, October 7
Where: At his house. Park at the bottom of the driveway and walk up, we will be working in the driveway.
Remember: We will be working outdoors, so please dress appropriately. Bring gloves and protective eyewear if you can. Feel free to call or text with any questions.
The latest news on our activities.