The Buckner Fitness Pool will be closed from 1-30 Nov for annual maintenance. I have booked us a slot for 1300 this Saturday the 28th so that we can knock out 2nd and 1st class swimming requirements. If you have base access and need those requirements met, then I can meet you and your scout on Saturday to complete. If anyone wants to work on the swimming merit badge (Eagle Scout alternative to hiking and cycling) I can do that as well. This is not a swimming lesson. We are in the lap pool so it is not a recreational swim either.
Please review the requirements below and let me know via e-mail by Friday if I should expect you. All participants have to take the base pool swim test before we proceed with our part. If you went to summer camp and were designated a "swimmer" then let me know at Sunday's meeting This would accomplish both rank requirements. I heard there were only 3 campers that did this.
Demonstrate your ability to jump feet first into water over your head in depth, level off and swim 25 feet on the surface, stop, turn sharply, resume swimming, then return to your starting place.
BSA Swim Test
Swimming Merit badge
Swim continuously for 150 yards using the following strokes in good form and in a strong manner: front crawl or trudgen for 25 yards, back crawl for 25 yards, sidestroke for 25 yards, breaststroke for 25 yards, and elementary backstroke for 50 yards.
1). No Scout Meeting today... Campers returning from Crescent Lake around 4:00 PM today.
2). Troop committee meeting Wednesday evening, 7:30 pm @ JLC. ALL COMMITTEE members should attend. Additionally, all parents welcome to attend...join the troop committee and get involved...thx
3). We have 2-weeks left to go for our annual wreath sales fundraiser. A scout is thrifty...please do your BEST. We only have about 1/2 of our registered scouts participating. Get with Mr. Nevells and pick up a wreath pkg. Older scouts please pass on your customers to younger boys in the troop...thx.
4). Troop Elections coming up in a couple week. Get ready...think about your next leadership position.
5. Thanks to ALL who participated in Keith Sellers Eagle Court of Honor last Wednesday.
Hi Mr Puterbaugh, can you send out another email about a work session?
This will be the last work session for my project. We will meet at 10 am at the work site, on Camp gorsuch road. The site is at the spot where the trail crosses the road just before the road splits and goes to carlquist and Gorsuch. This is open to all Scouts, and workers should bring eyewear/gloves and be ready to work outdoors. Call or text me with any questions.
Scouts & Parents, Crescent Lake Hike is Fri 20 Oct - Sun 22 Oct
1) Please review "attached" Crescent Lake Roster and update your status this Sunday...are YOU going or NOT. We had several boys missing last Sunday...all hikers and parents should be at Sunday's meeting
2) Use the attached backpacking check list. Please don't exceed 20-25% of your body weight. Experienced scouts should not exceed 35lbs
3) New Scouts #11-22 on the roster should bring their backpack (packed) and ready for INSPECTION this Sunday...including your hiking boots
4) All Scouts will pick a "Scout" tent partner and cooking partner... update roster this Sunday.
5) Scout backpacking tents & stoves provided "IF NEEDED"
6) Scout brining own tent, stove, and water filter...IF-SO, please update roster comments column on Sunday
7) Crescent Lake Hikers > Eat a good breakfast Fri morning,...bring a hearty box lunch, snacks & drinks for ride to Cooper Landing 2hrs...eat on the way and at trailhead before hike. hot tea, hot cider, hot tang, hot GatorAid & hot chocolate is good for the core. You'll need Friday snacks, lunch & dinner, Saturday breakfast, lunch & dinner, and Sunday breakfast & lunch...bring plenty of high-carb / high calorie trail food/snack/mix for hiking...leave candy at home. Bring $20 to cover possible late lunch Sunday at Sunrise inn.
8) SO Far we only have about 22 Scouts helping with the Troop 219 fundraiser Holiday Wreath Sales. This is less than 1/2 of the troop. We need to get this number up to about 30 Scouts so we can meet our annual budget GOAL. Please see Mr. Roger Nevells and get your wreath PKG. Older Scouts not selling PLEASE-PLEASE pass your customer list off to a younger Scout.
9) Last, but not least > Hope to see you at Keith Sellers Eagle Court of Honor Wed night 18 October, 7:30 PM @ Joy Lutheran Sanctuary.
The latest news on our activities.